Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Inconvenient Truth

Last night, I finally got around to watching An Inconvenient Truth. I have to admit that I had not been expecting it to be so good. Gore does an absolutely phenomenal job of taking the key points regarding the science of climate change, and distilling the information down to a form that is very easy to understand - even intuitive. Sure, there's some politcal and personal commentary, but that's not the meat of the presentation. None of global warming issues he discusses is really on flimsy scientific ground. He doesn't always give you the "how we know" but most of the time he does. If you have not yet seen this movie, you should.

3 comments:

themikestand said...

Is this your personal fulfilment of the "tell everyone you know to see this film" action?

Also, nice blog. Wouldn't want to announce it to those mentioned along your long, twisted road?

Mabel said...

Question 1) Well, yes, and no. More the resason for the post though, was how impressed I was by the science presented in movie. The watcher gets the real deal without needing to know (or care) what a Heinrich event is.

Question 2) I thought I notified you with Sween. Sorry. Clearly I don't know how to work my email.

themikestand said...

It's usually a good bet that if you tell Sween, the world will eventually find out. Even better odds if zombies, monkeys, or donkeys are involved.

The movie was very good. I probably found it less inspiring as I was already on-board, so to speak. However, I found more than a few places where I could question the interpretation of the statistics presented (and I know the naysayers would do the same). Kudos to Gore for putting something worthwhile out.