Wednesday, April 4, 2007

the twisted shriek of irony

So on Monday, I think the good folks over at the Globe and Mail were tweaking with their website. I was having some problems which I described to them:

I run Firefox on Linux (insert technobabble here). On your site (and only on your site) I get a segmentation fault when I try to scroll down the page: (insert more technobabble)
As such, I cannot read the content of the globe's website. Today is the first day I've encountered this problem, so it must be a relatively new change.

To be honest, I wasn't really expecting a reply, they caught me in an old-man mood and I wrote a letter to complain. But I got a reply! What did they have to say? I'm glad you asked...
We do not support Firefox on Linux, for your reference system requirements for theglobeandmail.com can be located at the following link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/v5/content/help/technical-answers.html#general

Right...to learn more about reading the website, I am directed to the website that I cannot read. Sheer brilliance!

No comments: